Shedding fat pounds can improve factors of health and make you look better in and out of clothes… what doesn’t sound appealing about that?
In this article, we’ve reviewed what we believe to be the best fat burners for men in 2021. The following products contain essential vitamins and minerals, in addition to unique fat-burning ingredients that can certainly boost your efforts.
Of course, you won’t see the desired results without eating right and getting in your daily exercise. But a quality supplement always makes for a great addition to any fitness regime.
Check out our top picks!
10 Best Men’s Fat Burners
- Instant Knockout CUT – Buy here Editor’s Choice
- Transparent Labs PhysiqueSeries Fat Burner – Buy here
- Burn Lab Pro Fat Burner – Buy here
- Old School Labs Vintage Burn – Buy here
- Hydroxycut Hardcore NextGen – Buy here
- Shred Jym by Jym Stoppani – Buy here
- Cellucor Super HD – Buy here
- EVLution Nutrition LEANMODE – Buy here
- Universal Nutrition Animal Cuts – Buy here
- Lipo-6 Black Ultra Concentrate – Buy here
1. Instant Knockout CUT – 9.5 out of 10 (Updated)
Editor’s Choice Product: Roar Ambition Instant Knockout Cut
- Backed by extensive scientific research and studies for burning fat and weight reduction
- Contains all-natural ingredients
- It has energy boosters to keep you healthy during the weight loss process
- Comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee
- Instant Knockout is exceptional for curbing appetite
- Generous ingredient dosages
- Formula backed by extensive research and studies
- No artificial sweeteners
- A little pricey
- Only available through website
- 300mg caffeine may be high for some users
Roar Ambition’s Instant Knockout Cut is used and endorsed by combat sports athletes.
It’s an option for both men and women looking to shed fat pounds and has a unique blend of ingredients that are research-backed.
Instant Knockout Ingredients
- Caffeine Anhydrous – provides a nice energy boost but also helps to increase metabolism and enhance the body’s ability to break stored fat and convert it into energy. Caffeine anhydrous is the most potent and purest version of caffeine.
- L-theanine – an amino acid that enhances cognitive performance when combined with caffeine, l-theanine is known to also reduce jitters and support factors of mental health like stress and anxiety.
- Cayenne Pepper – suppress appetite to help you eat less and may boost metabolism which burns more calories. Spicy foods such as hot peppers can increase metabolic rate as they increase body temperature. Instant Knockout contains only a tiny portion of cayenne pepper to prevent it from getting too spicy.
- Glucomannan – comes from the roots of Konjac plants, which hold large quantities of dietary fibers. It can be used to restrain appetite by absorbing liquid, thereby making you feel satiated and less prone to sneak in snacks.
- Green Tea Leaves Extract – a prevalent and extensively researched nutrient essential in losing weight, green tea is rich in catechins. Since it has many benefits, green tea is recognized to be a superfood.
- Vitamin B6 – Instant Knockout contains this as pyridoxine, the natural form of Vitamin B6.
- Vitamin B12 – This vitamin aids your body in converting carbs into glucose which is, in turn, used as energy.
- Black pepper extract – improves the bioavailability of nutrients to enhance ingredient absorption.
Who Makes It?
Roar Ambition manufactures Instant Knockout in the US in cGMP- and FDA- approved facilities that conform to high-quality standards.
Watch our full review of Instant Knockout.
2. Transparent Labs PhysiqueSeries Fat Burner – 9.5/10
- No prohibited drugs or stimulants were used to formulate this supplement, making it a suitable fat burner for athletes being subject to regular drug testing.
- FDA approval guarantees this supplement follows rigid quality standards.
- It is devoid of any harmful chemicals in the manufacture while the active ingredients are potent.
- It contains caffeine and might cause you to overdo your daily intake if you are on other supplements or a coffee drinker. It’s best to monitor your daily limits for caffeine consumption.
- Pregnant and lactating women won’t be able to take this supplement, as well as those who have pre-existing heart ailments.
- This supplement is not a stand-alone product and will only work with a rigorous exercise regimen.
The Transparent Labs Fat Burner supplement is a product that incorporates two highly potent thermogenic components combined with additional beneficial compounds to help you in achieving a fat-free and fit body.
Transparent Labs comprehensively researches to create safe and highly effective combinations.
- Thermogenic components – Extracts of green tea (that contain EGCG) effectively increase metabolism and burn static calories combined with forslean and caffeine. EGCG works when combined with L-theanine, a natural amino acid.
- Forskolin – A component of forslean, intensifies fat removal even in highly persistent adipose fat deposits. It reduces fats and improves muscle form.
- Other thermogenic compounds – Cayenne Pepper Extract and White Willow Bark Extract known to have exceptional fat burning potentials.
Who Makes It?
Transparent Labs, as their name implies, is a firm that prides itself with transparency and openness as the main foundation of their commitment to all consumers.
Read our full review of Transparent Labs PhysiqueSeries Fat Burner.
3. Burn Lab Pro – 9/10
- Burn Lab Pro Fat Burner augments lipolysis (conversion of fats to energy) by energizing particular hormones and enzymes involved in the process
- Capsaicin, an active cayenne pepper ingredient, contributes to lipolysis by interacting with an active hormone called ‘kinase’
- This supplement supports metabolism that helps burn calories by raising metabolic rates at rest by as much as 50 calories per day
- Coleus forskohlii, when it interacts with other drugs, can trigger bleeding, low blood pressure, and fast heart rate.
- HMB has no known side effects but could still cause reactions.
- Cayenne pepper may cause stomach upset, runny nose, skin irritation, and sweating.
This is a dietary enhancement formulated to aid in burning fat. It helps increase thermogenesis, the cell energy creation that dissipates calories, and targets many other fat-burning features.
Unlike other fat burners for men, this supplement does not have caffeine and other stimulants.It uses top quality components, foremost of which are three patented and innovative nutrients: Capsimax, BioPerine, and Forslean, which are mild and don’t trigger severe side effects. Furthermore, they are enclosed in plant-based and easy-to-absorb gel capsules.
- Coleus forskohlii root – This component comes from a plant abundant in forskolin, the active ingredient that affects weight management, and may be useful for maintaining a healthy weight.
- HMB – An amino acid leucine metabolite that helps burn fat. It can protect your muscle proteins from breaking down so you can go on a diet while on it.
- Cayenne pepper extract – This extract may help boost calorie burn and reduce appetite
- Black pepper extract – This extract is a source of piperine, which inhibits enzymes from attacking molecules.
Who Makes It?
The Sport Fat Burner is manufactured by Performance Lab, a highly-reputable health supplement company that adheres to FDA and GMP standards. The company prides itself on being the world’s most advanced nutrition supplement manufacturer.
4. Old School Labs Vintage Burn – 8.5/10
- It is gluten-free and suitable for vegans
- It is considered a safe product having obtained FDA approval
- All ingredients used to formulate this product are bioavailable and all-natura
- It is exclusively made in the US
- High caffeine level
- Side effects that users are warned about are hazy focus, fatigue, bloating, headaches, diarrhea, stomach pains, vomiting, and nausea
There are times when the old ways work the best, and this fat burner certainly does that. This fat burning supplement for men does away with fancy frills and focuses on its objective of aiding you in losing weight. It is very straightforward and effective.
- Forskolin – Aids the other ingredients in burning fat
- Garcinia fruit extract – Supports an enhanced metabolism
- Extract of green coffee bean – Contains abundant antioxidants that boost metabolism
- Green tea leaf extract – A potent antioxidant that enhances metabolism.
- Extract of olive leaf – An efficient fat burner and effective anti-inflammatory
- Raspberry ketones – This active ingredient supports healthy metabolism and aids in burning fat
Who Makes it?
Old School Labs launched in 2013 in Southern California with the goal of bringing back the Golden Era of bodybuilding.
5. Hydroxycut Hardcore Next Gen – 8.1/10
- Enhances mental focus due to caffeine anhydrous
- This product is very transparent in revealing all its ingredients and component amounts for precise dosing
- It provides focus and high energy to fuel your exercise regimen
- Third-party clinics test Hydroxycut Hardcore Next Gen’s quality
- It has serious research backing, so you feel confident using it
- It contains a considerable amount of caffeine as an active ingredient. Since we all have different reactions to caffeine, checking with your physician or nutritionist before taking a supplement would be recommended.
The Hardcore NextGen is the most recent offering from the widely regarded Hydroxycut product line. It is one of the best fat burners for men available in the market today. The supplement can provide you with the extra boost to achieve your fitness objectives.
Hydroxycut Hardcore Next Gen contains a vital weight loss component “C. canephora robusta,” developed from two separate, random, placebo-controlled experiments published in the journal Phytotherapie from France as well as in the Journal of International Medical Research.
Hardcore NextGen Ingredients
- Caffeine – The product contains 25 milligrams of caffeine, which is substantial.
- Caffeine anhydrous – Increases metabolism and enhances the body’s facility by breaking stored fat and converting it to energy
- Green coffee blend – Green coffee potentially promotes healthy metabolism and mitigates fat absorption. However, this is not yet scientifically-conclusive for humans
- Forskolin – A coleus extract which helps the body burn fat more efficiently
- Guayusa – A potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant South American herb
- Yohimbe extract – The extract of this plant native to Africa supports fat loss and aids in increasing energy
Who Makes It?
Hydroxycut Hardcore Next Gen is made by Muscletech, an established health product and supplement company known for its high-quality products.
6. Jym Shred – 8/10
- Enhances thermogenesis by intensifying and quickening the burning of calories
- It has EGCG, which is a green tea extract component known to boost thermogenesis
- Cayenne pepper extract helps to curb hunger
- Caffeine enhances the entire process while burning calories
- Shred Jym encourages its users to exercise consistently with caffeine to boost exercise function by decreasing the awareness of exertion, and L-carnitine to enhance recovery after a workout.
- Caffeine may trigger anxiety, jitteriness, and insomnia.
- L-carnitine can cause minor side effects like diarrhea, heartburn, stomach upset, and nausea.
- Synephrine can produce considerable side effects, especially when mixed with caffeine, and can cause extreme sunlight sensitivity and headaches in some individuals.
- Typical of supplements, this product may have reactions to other medications, so better to consult your doctor first.
The Shred Jym is formulated by Dr. Jym Stoppani, a well-known fitness guru, and is designed to work in conjunction with a proper diet and exercise to lose fat and weight.
It uses Acetyl-L-carnitine, and green tea extract to enhance fat oxidation. Caffeine is also present for fat oxidation and thermogenesis.
- Acetyl-L-carnitine – A form of the amino acid L-carnitine that enhances fat oxidation.
- Green tea extract – A powder extracted from green tea (Camellia Sinensis). It has several effects on fat oxidation, exercise performance, and energy. It contains the catechin EGCG, which boosts thermogenesis. A study in 2008 reveals that green tea extract can increase fat oxidation by up to 17% in research participants.
- Caffeine – A stimulant, and the most prolific psychoactive drug, with roughly 80% of adults consuming caffeine regularly. It improves power output during exercise, thereby heightening workout intensity. It also increases thermogenesis and fat oxidation.
- L-tyrosine – An amino acid that does not directly affect weight loss, but can positively influence the neurotransmitters’ levels, including adrenaline, epinephrine, and dopamine. These neurotransmitters can help bring about a better mood and improve vital bodily functions in stressful conditions.
- Cayenne pepper extract – This extract is rich in capsaicin, a compound that can increase the burning of calories and thermogenesis, as well as curb hunger.
- Synephrine – A bitter-orange extract similar to ephedrine, which influences metabolism.
Who Makes It?
The respectable Dr. Jim Stoppani formulates Shred Jym. However, it isn’t manufactured under the strict guidelines of Sport GMP, as it is missing a product guarantee and contains additives.
7. Cellucor Super HD – 7.5/10
- Cellucor Super HD is very popular online due to the quality of its potent compounds and the technical expertise that went into production and formulation
- A single dose of Super HD includes caffeine anhydrous (160mg), which is not as high as similar fat burning supplements
- It contains ingredients that cause no severe side effects
- You get a 10-Capsule trial package that allows you to make a small investment to try the product
- It has a great flavor
- Can cause severe dehydration because of caffeine and dandelion extract
- There may be unfavorable side effects
- The supplement has potent stimulants that can cause anxiousness
Super HD with components like Amla fruit and Yohimbe extract, Cellucor Super HD is formulated to burn fat through its inhibitors of fatty acid synthase. These elements are specially created to help prevent the storage of calories from your food intake as body fat.
- Caffeine – A very potent ingredient for thermogenesis.
- Capsimax – A unique compound containing capsicum extracts.
- IFAS503 – A blend of Camellia sinensis extract, Tuber Fleeceflower extract; and Chinese Mistletoe extract
- Pausinystalia Yohimbe Extract – Yohimbine is an ingredient that mobilizes fats and aids in burning them.
- Rauwolscine – An active ingredient that enhances body metabolism and aids in burning fats.
Who Makes It?
Super HD is made by Cellucor (C4), an established supplement manufacturer renowned in the industry.
8. EVLution Nutrition LEAN MODE – 7.9/10
- LEANMODE has Green coffee beans containing higher chlorogenic acid amounts that enhance the fat burning rate of the body
- Green Tea Extract holds the antioxidant EGCG polyphenol, which enhances metabolism and converts static fats into fuel for energy
- The component Acetyl-L-Carnitine stimulates the brain mitochondria to produce energy and help you keep focus when working out
- Hydroxycitric acid (HCA) supports serotonin levels in maintaining steady mood levels
- CLA protects muscles from the deteriorating effects of exercise and dieting
- The manufacturer doesn’t offer a money-back guarantee
- Mixed product reviews
- The potential effect of the active ingredients is lessened when you take long intervals between your daily doses
- They recommend quite a high daily consumption requirement
The LeanMode is a stimulant-free metabolism support and fat-loss supplement. It has five non-stimulant ingredients that make up a full-range formula engineered for burning fat, increasing metabolism, and reducing appetite that works day and night without stimulants. Furthermore, LEANMODE’s components are fully divulged, tested for quality, manufactured in a GMP-certified, and FDA-approved facility that sets the most stringent quality criteria.
LEAN MODE’s complete formula of five primary ingredients targets deposited body fat, boosts metabolism, enhances appetite, and converts fat into energy.
- Extract of green coffee bean – A potent antioxidant known as chlorogenic acid is abundant in green (unroasted) coffee beans. Research indicates that our body quickly absorbs chlorogenic acid, which helps burn stored fat. Chlorogenic acid boosts metabolism and maintains healthy levels of blood sugar. It helps the body fight against harmful free radicals.
- Extract of green tea – Green tea enhances metabolism to release and even burn fat while resting and also increases energy and antioxidant levels. It has EGCG polyphenol that is known to promote fat dissipation. Green tea also enables a higher rate of burning fat during exercise.
- Acetyl-L-carnitine – The amino acid Acetyl-L-Carnitine transports fatty acids to the body cells and converts them into energy. The brain uses only the Acetyl-L-Carnitine to transport fatty acids onto the mitochondria to promote mental focus and energy levels that reduce fatigue. Acetyl-L-Carnitine diverts blood flow onto the muscles, reducing muscle damage as you engage in a rigorous workout.
- Extract of Garcinia Cambogia and CLA – CLA sustains metabolism and converts stored fat into energy while you exercise. It also keeps muscle form during a diet. Garcinia cambogia extracts are obtained from tamarind, a tropical fruit, which has vast amounts of hydroxycitric acid capable of controlling appetite, thus causing lower fat production. As you decrease calories in dieting, CLA reinforcement attacks fats and not tissues.
Who Makes It?
LEANMODE is made by EVLution Nutrition, which manufactures it in a GMP-certified, and FDA-approved facility that sets the most stringent quality criteria.
9. Universal Nutrition Animal Cuts – 8/10
- Tested brand renowned in bodybuilding
- Stimulants are contained in a separate pill
- Excellent price deal for the number of servings per pack (42)
- Will only work if you do high-intensity training
- It can cause serious dehydration without significant water intake or re-hydrating drinks
- Mixed positive and negative reviews on its weight loss effectiveness
An innovative method of losing weight, Universal Nutrition’s Animal Cuts blend is formulated to offer a plethora of benefits. It is the only fat-burning supplement for men that offers several different blends or complexes of potent ingredients to suit your particular needs.
- Stimulant Complex – Includes raspberry extract, caffeine, guarana seed, kola nut seed, and yerba mate leaf
- Metabolic Complex – Contains extracts of black tea leaf, coffee bean, green tea leaf, white tea leaf, and oolong tea leaf
- Thyroid Complex – This compound includes salvia Officinalis leaf, L-Tyrosine, and extract of olive leaf
- Water Shedding Complex – Includes celery seed, dandelion root, buchu leaf, burdock root, nettle root, and juniper berry
- Nootropic Complex – Contains bacopa monniera leaf, Gotu kola, and choline
- Cortisol Inhibiting Complex – Includes magnolia bark extract, phosphatidylserine, Panax ginseng, and ashwagandha root extract
- CCK Boosting Complex – Contains cinnamon bark, Gymnema Sylvestre, and apple pectin
- Bioavailability Complex – This compound includes piper nigrum and naringin extract, quercetin, grapefruit peel, cayenne fruit, and ginger root
Who Makes It?
Universal Nutrition manufactures Animal Cuts in the US in facilities adhering to FDA standards. The company started in New Jersey in 1977 and since then has grown into a respected industry leader.
10. Lipo-6 Black Ultra Concentrate
- It is rich in caffeine and other common potent ingredients to aid in fat burning
- Highly effective in fat transport and burning, especially when taken before a cardio session
- Very popular with well-known athletes
- It comes from a line of reputable products and an established health product/supplement manufacturer
- Not advisable for people under 21 years old, and pregnant or breastfeeding women
- This supplement should not be mixed with stimulants like caffeine, and extra thyroid-boosting elements
- Not to be taken by people under prescription medication or with any medical conditions
- This supplement has components that are banned by some sports organizations
Lipo-6 Black Ultra Concentrate by Nutrex is a very potent fat-burning formulation for men that contains several intense thermogenic agents that will burn undesirable body fat. Nutrex is endorsed by IFBB star professionals Mark Dugdale and Zach Kahn.
- Advantra Z® Citrus Aurantium – This ingredient contains 50% p-Synephrine and is a thyroid-boosting ingredient that complements thermogenesis
- Caffeine Anhydrous – Caffeine, in its purest form, is a common ingredient in most fat burner supplements
- Rauwolscine – It is an active ingredient that enhances body metabolism and aids in burning fats
- Theobromine Anhydrous – Aids the ingredient Yohimbine HCL in fat burning and transport.
- Yohimbine HCL – Yohimbine is an ingredient that mobilizes fat and, combined with Theobromine Anhydrous, provides serious fat transport and burning.
Who Makes It?
Nutrex Research, a leading sports supplement company, manufactures Lipo-6 Black Ultra Concentrate. The company was established in Oviedo, Central Florida in 2002.
How we ranked
Many fat-burning supplements may claim to do something. As it can get very confusing, here we outline the criteria that we used to evaluate and choose each product for this review.
Is the company promising to burn 40 pounds in seven days, and all it takes are a few pills to do so? Be wary of companies making outlandish claims. Remember that losing weight is not an overnight ordeal, but a long and challenging endeavor.
Are you familiar with this brand or company? Are they known in the health or sports industry? Maybe you know a friend or acquaintance who’s heard of or used them?
Ideally, you should choose products from reputable companies but that doesn’t mean there aren’t great products from newer or less known brands.
You just need to understand what makes a good product and there are other factors to consider. Thankfully, we’ve done the work so you don’t have to.
Many fat burner supplements come in pill or capsule form; others come in flavored or plain powder form. The form doesn’t necessarily influence the effectiveness of the product. You may have a preference for either or.
Although, some products can vary regarding the dosage and sometimes even the quality.
That’s another reason to choose products from reputable companies as there’s less chance that you’ll get an underdosed or bad-quality supplement.
Always be mindful of the number of capsules or pills per serving, as well as per container. This also applies to products in powder form. These factors do, manytimes, determine what you get for the price.
Although, it may not matter as much with a quality product
Value for your money
Be aware that not all similar products are priced equally. This may be due to the number of ingredients, dosages, brand, etc.
it’s good to do a little research to ensure you’re getting a good overall value.
Amount of stimulants
Most fat burner supplements contain caffeine as the primary stimulant. For quick reference, there is 95mg of caffeine in one cup of coffee.
It is imperative to know that a product has safe and high-quality ingredients. One perfect way to find out is to check if the products are made in GMP/FDA approved or certified facilities.
User comments & reviews
In case you don’t have friends or acquaintances that have tried the product before, you can check out websites like Bodybuilding.com or Amazon, as well as other online sites related to diet and weight loss programs.
Checking user feedback on a product could be a great way to ensure you pick the best product for you.
Who should buy these fat burners?
If you are serious about losing excess fat and you have the money to shell out for your supplements, then fat burners can be a beneficial addition to your health and fitness regime.
More than your desire to shed those unwanted fats, you should consider your overall health. Most will contain stimulants that may not work well with some of your medications, or pre-existing medical conditions.
How do I pick a good fat burner?
Because you are trying to stay healthy and fit, we recommend choosing a fat burner that contains all-natural main ingredients.
Again, many fat burner supplements contain caffeine and the amounts do vary between the different options.
If you are going to use a product that has caffeine, MAKE SURE that you have built up a tolerance to it and that you are aware of how much the fat burner contains per serving. Be especially careful if you consume caffeine from other products.
Or maybe you want a product that’s caffeine-free.
This is something that you yourself will have to determine as there’s no right or wrong answer here.
Considering that you will be taking these supplements 1-2 x daily, try your best to choose a fat burner that is kind to your palate. This is where checking user feedback can be especially useful.
Fat burners give you energy
When you are working out, you need a decent amount of energy to start and sustain your exercise. For people who go to the gym or work out at home after a day in the office, or for athletes returning home from practice, there may not be enough energy left over.
Fat burners will help you fight this lack of energy by providing a natural boost so you don’t crash.
Fat burners help you manage hunger pangs
Hunger is one of the greatest hurdles in weight loss regimes. Fat burners have appetite suppressant ingredients that will help you deal with your hunger pangs. It tells your body that your stomach is already full.
Fat burners enhance your mood
As you are dealing with weight issues, your mood will likely swing back and forth, and it won’t help your desire to be fit as stress can drive you to junk food and a lack of physical activity. Fat burners have mood-enhancing properties that will help you manage your mood and keep motivated to achieve your health targets.
Like all medications, these supplements also come with possible side effects that you should consider before taking.
If you or your family have a history of heart problems, we highly recommended you consult with your doctor before using any performance-aiding supplements.
Aside from an increased heart rate, fat burners may also cause insomnia as ingredients like caffeine may disrupt your typical body clock and metabolism.
Nausea and Diarrhea
These are common symptoms that may sometimes occur when using multi-ingredient supplements.
It’s not uncommon for someone to take too much caffeine and experience symptoms of anxiety.
The best way to take fat burner supplements is with a snack or full meal but take them at least 30 minutes before eating. They shouldn’t be taken six hours before you sleep, or the extra energy could disturb your sleep.
It’s highly recommended to spread your dosage throughout the day to avoid unpleasant side effects. Also make sure to include off cycles to give your body time to rest and to not grow dependent on the supplements. You can also choose to switch between products after long usage as your body may become desensitized.
How long should you take fat burner supplements?
Four weeks is a good starting point. This will give your body sufficient time to react to the supplement and take affect. After a month, it is advisable to give your body a break.
Do the supplements impact sperm production?
The ingredient amino acid L-Citrulline affects sperm quality if you take three grams per day.
Do fat burners raise up your testosterone levels?
Vitamin D and Zinc are the elements that help increase testosterone levels, and these are not present in fat burner supplements.
Can you build muscles with fat burners?
These supplements will help you lose fat but not build muscles. You have to include rigorous workout training to your program in order to beef up your physique.
Losing weight and staying fit are essential activities both for health and personal reasons.
While these best fat burners for men will not cause significant fat loss all on their own, they can certainly help. You still have to maintain a proper eating regime and exercise too.
It’s not always easy to shed fat pounds because if it was, everyone would do it. Stick to a plan and remember why you’re doing this.
If you need help, here are 20 simple weight loss tips.